Sunday, November 15, 2009

37 Week appt

Weight: +32 lbs
Naomi's heart rate: 130 bpm
Measuring: right at 37 weeks
Dialated: "3 stretch cm"
Effaced: 80%
Station: -1
Biggest belly point: 43 inches

My appointment was on Thursday. Jana said "I won't be surprised if I see you this weekend, but you could last another week." She did say that you're head is FIRMLY engaged, which is a little surprising for a 3rd baby- since most 3rd babies don't engage until pretty soon before labor. So I've been on pins and needles since. I really haven't expected you to come as early as the boys until I found out I'm already dialated and effaced so much- so it makes it hard to know what to expect. I didn't really want you to come on Thursday (my "magic" night) because Jake was supposed to go to classes the next day (and did) and I didn't really want you to be born on Friday the 13th either. Saturday would have been okay- but I wasn't really "feeling it" until Saturday night. I was having a contraction about every 15 minutes for an hour and a half- but then they stopped!

I'm not going to lie- today has been the first really hard day so far. You are SO LOW- and so trying to sit for 3 hours and keep my knees together is NOT comfortable. Plus, a lot of people at church had heard my "stats" and so were very surprised to see me there. I know I shouldn't complain- because I'm still not even two weeks from my due date- but I feel like a walking time bomb that everyone is waiting to go off.

The good news is that Vicki Gonzalez just got back last night from helping her daughter with her newborn (in California) and so I'm more likely to also have her as my nurse attendant at the hospital (she works Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays).

This is the first time I've ever really had to play the "waiting game"- and I'm sure it won't be too much longer. Like Jake said last night- this is kinda the fun time though- where every minute he's checking his phone, or we're looking at each other thinking, "Is this IT?!?!" I'm sure you're enjoying keeping us guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment